'It is I' in the Bible
But John protested strenuously, having in mind to prevent Him, saying, It is I who have need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?
But he made answer and said, It is in the Writings, Bread is not man's only need, but every word which comes out of the mouth of God.
If you are the Son of God, let yourself go down; for it is in the Writings, He will give his angels care over you; and, In their hands they will keep you up, so that your foot may not be crushed against a stone.
Jesus said to him, Again it is in the Writings, You may not put the Lord your God to the test.
Then said Jesus to him, Away, Satan: for it is in the Writings, Give worship to the Lord your God and be his servant only.
Ye, are the light of the world: it is impossible for a city to be hid, on the top of a mountain, lying.
For if you have love for those who have love for you, what credit is it to you? do not the tax-farmers the same?
Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
But the Pharisees kept saying, "It is in the power of the Prince of the demons that he is casting out demons."
"Remember it is I who am sending you out, as sheep into the midst of wolves; prove yourselves as sagacious as serpents, and as innocent as doves.
"But if it is in the power of the Spirit of God is already upon you.
When the unclean spirit is indeed gone out of a man, he traverses through places destitute of water, in search of rest, but cannot find it.
But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
but it is in vain they worship Me, while they lay down precepts which are mere human rules.'"
And Peter, protesting, said to him, Be it far from you, Lord; it is impossible that this will come about.
For what benefit is it to a person if he gains the whole world [of material things] but [has to] give up his life [i.e., all the spiritual blessings]? Or what should a person give in exchange for his life?
but I tell you, Elijah has come already, and they would not recognize him, but treated him just as they pleased. It is in just that way that the Son of Man is going to be treated by them!"
"Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!
But Jesus looked at them and said, "For men it is impossible, but anything is possible for God!"
And he said to them, It is in the Writings, My house is to be named a house of prayer, but you are making it a hole of thieves.
All of you must stay awake and pray that you won't be tempted. The spirit is indeed willing, but the body is weak."
Again a second time He went away and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is impossible for this cup to pass without my drinking it, Thy will be done."
When the High Priests had gathered up the money they said, "It is illegal to put it into the Treasury, because it is the price of blood."
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (10)
- Exodus (5)
- Leviticus (19)
- Numbers (3)
- Deuteronomy (6)
- Joshua (2)
- Judges (7)
- 1 Samuel (3)
- 2 Samuel (6)
- 1 Kings (5)
- 1 Chronicles (3)
- 2 Chronicles (3)
- Nehemiah (1)
- Job (7)
- Psalm (8)
- Proverbs (3)
- Ecclesiastes (1)
- Isaiah (23)
- Jeremiah (11)
- Ezekiel (11)
- Daniel (5)
- Hosea (6)
- Micah (2)
- Haggai (1)
- Malachi (2)
- As It is Written (69 instances in 35 translations)
- Be It Far From Me (6 instances in 13 translations)
- Conscience When It Is Weak (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Declare It Boldly (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Far Be It from Me (13 instances in 21 translations)
- How Good It is (6 instances in 10 translations)
- I Will Raise It Up (2 instances in 27 translations)
- If It Pleases the King (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Is It Lawful (12 instances in 31 translations)
- It is Finished (8 instances in 33 translations)
- It is Impossible (25 instances in 39 translations)
- It is the Lord (49 instances in 36 translations)
- It is Written (121 instances in 36 translations)
- It Was Good (28 instances in 23 translations)
- It Will Be Forgiven (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Keep It Holy (5 instances in 13 translations)
- Placed It In A Tomb (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Sealed It (11 instances in 27 translations)
- Sweat Was As It Were Great Drops (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Take It And Eat It (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Take It Away From Me (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Take It to Heart (9 instances in 11 translations)
- That It May Go Well with You (13 instances in 10 translations)
- That It Might Be Fulfilled (12 instances in 18 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Wind Blows Where It Wishes (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Write on It (6 instances in 12 translations)
- You Have Heard that It Was Said (5 instances in 18 translations)