'In the Spirit' in the Bible
let our lord command, we pray thee, thy servants before thee, they seek a skilful man, playing on a harp, and it hath come to pass, in the spirit of sadness from God being upon thee, that he hath played with his hand, and it is well with thee.'
And it hath come to pass, in the spirit of sadness from God being on Saul, that David hath taken the harp, and played with his hand, and Saul hath refreshment and gladness, and the spirit of sadness hath turned aside from off him.
And the pattern of all that was in the spirit with him for the enclosures of the house of Jehovah, and for all the cells round about for the treasures of the house of God, and for the treasures of the holies:
A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.
The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
Be ye sure, O Israel: the time of visitation is come, the days of recompensing are at hand. As for the prophet, ye hold him for a fool; and him that is rich in the spirit, for a mad man: so great is your wickedness and malice.
If a man walking in the spirit and falsehood do lie, saying, I will prophesy unto thee of wine and of strong drink; he shall even be the prophet of this people.
And when the sky is reddish and overcast in the morning, you predict [that it will be] bad weather that day. You know how to interpret [weather] conditions from the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times [i.e., what will happen in the spiritual realm]"]}]}.
He saith unto them, How then doth David in the Spirit call him Lord, saying,
And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
And the child grew, he became strong in the Spirit and remained in the desert till the day when he made his appearance before Israel.
And he came in the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, that they might do concerning him after the custom of the law,
And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan, and was led in the Spirit in the wilderness
Then Jesus returned in the Spirit's power to Galilee; and His fame spread through all the adjacent districts.
In that hour was Jesus glad in the Spirit, and said, 'I do confess to thee, Father, Lord of the heaven and of the earth, that Thou didst hide these things from wise men and understanding, and didst reveal them to babes; yes, Father, because so it became good pleasure before Thee.
When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,
When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in the spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.
This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome.
And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
but now we are done with the Law, we have died to what once held us, so that we can serve in a new way, not under the written code as of old but in the Spirit.
For those who follow the flesh have their interests in the flesh, and those who follow the Spirit have their interests in the Spirit.
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
More than that, we ourselves, though we have in the Spirit a foretaste of the future, groan to ourselves as we wait to be declared God's sons, through the redemption of our bodies.
in the diligence not slothful; in the spirit fervent; the Lord serving;
For they thought it was a good idea, and [besides] they were indebted to those Jewish Christians. For if the Gentiles [have] shared in the spiritual blessings of the Jews, [then] they owe it to those Jews to help meet their material needs.
What will ye? Shall I come unto you with a rod or in charity and in the spirit of meekness?
For, I, indeed, - being absent in the body, but present in the spirit, have already judged, as present, him who, thus, this thing hath perpetrated: -
And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.
Wherefore I make known unto you, that no man speaking in the Spirit of God saith, Jesus is anathema; and no man can say, Jesus is Lord, but in the Holy Spirit.
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
Very well then, I will pray in the Spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing praise in the Spirit, but I will also sing praise with my mind.
Otherwise if you bless in the spirit only, how will the one who fills the place of the ungifted say the "Amen" at your giving of thanks, since he does not know what you are saying?
You show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by me, written not in ink, but in the Spirit of the living God, and not on tablets of stone, but on the human heart.
I am not saying this in the spirit of a command, but I am simply trying to test the genuineness of your love by the enthusiasm of others.
But this is true, he that sows sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he that sows in the spirit of blessing shall reap also in blessing:
As soon as I saw that they were not walking uprightly in the spirit of the Good News, I said to Peter, before them all, "If you, though you are a Jew, live as a Gentile does, and not as a Jew, how can you make the Gentiles follow Jewish customs?
Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
We look for, and hope in the spirit, to be justified through faith.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
For he that sows to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption, but he that sows in the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap eternal life.
For he chose us in our union with Christ before the creation of the universe, that we might be holy and blameless in his sight, living in the spirit of love.
in whom ye also are builded together for a habitation of God in the Spirit.
which in other generation was not made known unto the sons of men, as it hath now been revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit;
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
and be not drunk with wine, in which is dissoluteness, but be filled in the Spirit,
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
If then there is any comfort in Christ, any help given by love, any uniting of hearts in the Spirit, any loving mercies and pity,
let nothing be in the spirit of strife or vain glory, but, in lowliness of mind, each esteeming the other as more excellent than themselves;
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.
For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
This, then, is the charge that I lay upon you, Timothy, my Child, in accordance with what was predicted of you--Fight the good fight in the spirit of those predictions,
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
I thank God Whom I worship with a pure conscience, in the spirit of my fathers, when without ceasing I remember you night and day in my prayers,
So you, my son, must keep renewing your strength in the spiritual blessing that comes through union with Christ Jesus.
how much more shall the blood of Christ, who in the spirit of the eternal offered himself as an unblemished sacrifice to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve a living God?
Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
(It was in the Spirit that Enoch also went and preached to the imprisoned spirits
For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
but instead, you must continue to grow in the spiritual strength and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be glory now and forever!
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
And their dead bodies will be in the open street of the great town, which in the spirit is named Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was put to death on the cross.
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- As the Spirit Gave Them Utterance (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Baptize You with the Holy Spirit (3 instances in 19 translations)
- Baptized with the Holy Spirit (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Blasphemes Against the Holy Spirit (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Blasphemy Against the Spirit (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Born According to the Spirit (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Born of the Spirit (4 instances in 31 translations)
- Born of Water and the Spirit (1 instance in 11 translations)
- By My Spirit (3 instances in 21 translations)
- By The Spirit (81 instances in 40 translations)
- Communion of the Holy Spirit (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Contrite and Humble Spirit (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Drink into One Spirit (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Dumb And Deaf Spirit (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Evil Spirit (126 instances in 39 translations)
- Evil Spirit From God (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Evil Spirit From The Lord (3 instances in 11 translations)
- Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit (2 instances in 19 translations)
- Fellowship of the Spirit (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Filled with the Holy Spirit (12 instances in 32 translations)
- Filled with the Spirit (4 instances in 31 translations)
- Firstfruits of the Spirit (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Flesh and Spirit (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Fruit of the Spirit (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Full of the Holy Spirit (11 instances in 33 translations)
- Gift of the Holy Spirit (3 instances in 34 translations)
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit (3 instances in 20 translations)
- Given Unto Us The Earnest Of The Spirit (1 instance in 6 translations)
- God is Spirit (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Grieve the Holy Spirit (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Holy Spirit (276 instances in 40 translations)
- I Commit My Spirit (3 instances in 24 translations)
- Joy of the Holy Spirit (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Led by the Spirit (13 instances in 37 translations)
- Lie to the Holy Spirit (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Live According to the Spirit (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Live By The Spirit (3 instances in 24 translations)
- Live in the Spirit (3 instances in 29 translations)
- Live In The Spirit As God (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Lying Spirit (5 instances in 18 translations)
- Manifestation of the Spirit (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Pour Out My Spirit (8 instances in 27 translations)
- Power of the Spirit (13 instances in 36 translations)
- Pray with the Spirit (1 instance in 25 translations)
- Praying in the Holy Spirit (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Pressed In The Spirit (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Promise of the Holy Spirit (1 instance in 24 translations)
- Promise of the Spirit (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Proud in Spirit (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Quench the Spirit (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Receive the Holy Spirit (8 instances in 31 translations)
- Receive the Spirit (5 instances in 25 translations)
- Received the Holy Spirit (5 instances in 32 translations)
- Received the Spirit (4 instances in 29 translations)
- Renewing of the Holy Spirit (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Same Spirit (21 instances in 39 translations)
- Sanctification by the Spirit (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Sanctification of the Spirit (2 instances in 20 translations)
- Sanctifying Work Of The Spirit (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Sealed with the Holy Spirit (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Send Forth Your Spirit (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Spirit and Truth (2 instances in 20 translations)
- Spirit as a Guarantee (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Spirit Descending (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Spirit Gives Life (3 instances in 16 translations)
- Spirit in Our Hearts (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Spirit is Life (3 instances in 24 translations)
- Spirit Lifted Me Up (6 instances in 18 translations)
- Spirit Like A Dove Descending (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Spirit of Adoption (1 instance in 29 translations)
- Spirit of Bondage (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Spirit of God (43 instances in 40 translations)
- Spirit of God Descending (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Spirit Of Impurity (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Spirit of Life (9 instances in 30 translations)
- Spirit of Man (5 instances in 24 translations)
- Spirit Of Slavery (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Spirit of the Living God (1 instance in 36 translations)
- Spirit of the Lord (35 instances in 37 translations)
- Spirit of Truth (6 instances in 39 translations)
- Spirit Searches All Things (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Spirit Speaketh Expressly (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Spirit That Dwelleth In You (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Spirit Took Me Up (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Spirit Was Troubled (5 instances in 16 translations)
- Spirit Who Dwells in You (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Spirit Who Gives Life (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Spirit Who Lives In You (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Sword of the Spirit (1 instance in 33 translations)
- Take Your Holy Spirit (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Temple of the Holy Spirit (1 instance in 23 translations)
- They That Are After The Spirit (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Through the Spirit (16 instances in 36 translations)
- Troubled in Spirit (2 instances in 25 translations)
- Unclean Spirit (29 instances in 32 translations)
- Vexation Of Spirit (10 instances in 8 translations)
- Walk in the Spirit (2 instances in 13 translations)
- With the Holy Spirit and Fire (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Abundance, Spiritual
- Abuse, Of Spiritual Things
- Adultery, Spiritual
- Appetite, Spiritual
- Armor, Spiritual
- Avoid Spiritism
- Babies Used As A Spiritual Image
- Baptism Of The Holy Spirit
- Beauty, Spiritual
- Being Filled With The Spirit
- Birth, Spiritual
- Blasphemy, Against The Holy Spirit
- Blessings, Spiritual
- Bondage, Spiritual
- Christ With People In Spirit
- Circumcision, spiritual
- Clean, Spiritual Use
- Condition Of The Spirit
- Confidence, From Holy Spirit
- Crowns, Spiritual Use
- David, Spiritual Significance Of
- Dividing Spiritual Blessings
- Divine Work Of The Holy Spirit
- Drought, spiritual
- Equipping, spiritual
- Escaping, Spiritual Things
- Evil Spirits
- Evil Spirits Discernment
- Examples Of Life In The Spirit
- Familiar Spirits
- Fellowship Of Holy Spirit
- Fire Of The Spirit
- Fruit Of The Spirit
- Fruit, Spiritual
- Fruitfulness, Spiritual
- Games, Spiritual
- Gift Of The Holy Spirit
- Gifts From God, Spiritual
- God Giving His Spirit
- God, As Spirit
- Grace, And Holy Spirit
- Growing Spiritually
- Guidance Of The Holy Spirit
- Heart, And Holy Spirit
- Holy Spirit
- Holy Spirit, Activities Of
- Holy Spirit, Deity Of
- Holy Spirit, Personhood Of
- Holy Spirit, Types Of
- Indwelling Of The Holy Spirit
- Inheritance, Spiritual
- Inspiration Of The Holy Spirit, Means Of
- Inspiration Of The Holy Spirit, Nature Of
- Inspiration Of The Holy Spirit, Purpose Of
- Jesus Statements About The Spirit
- Labor, Spiritual Aspects Of
- Land, Spiritual Aspects Of
- Law, Letter And Spirit Of
- Laying On Hands For The Holy Spirit
- Leaders, Spiritual
- Learning From The Holy Spirit
- Led By The Spirit
- Light, Spiritual
- Many Spiritual Beings
- Maturity, Spiritual
- Names And Titles For The Holy Spirit
- Not Seeing Spiritual Things
- Offences Against The Holy Spirit
- Origins Of Spiritual Life
- Poverty, Spiritual
- Power Of Holy Spirit, Shown In
- Power Of The Holy Spirit
- Power Through The Spirit
- Power, Of The Holy Spirit
- Predestination, Spiritual Events
- Promises Of The Holy Spirit
- Purity, Moral And Spiritual
- Receiving The Spirit
- Rejection Of Spiritual Instruction
- Resisting Holy Spirit
- Rest, Spiritual
- Resurrection, Spiritual
- Riches, Spiritual
- Sending Of The Holy Spirit
- Seven Spirits
- Sin, Against Holy Spirit
- Slavery, Spiritual
- Sleep, Spiritual
- Speaking By The Spirit
- Spirit Beings
- Spirit Filled Men
- Spirit Of Antichrist
- Spirit Of Christ
- Spirit Of Creatures
- Spirit, Emotional Aspects Of
- Spirit, Fallen And Redeemed
- Spirit, Nature Of
- Spiritism Avoided
- Spiritual Adoption
- Spiritual Allegories
- Spiritual Blindness, Consequences Of
- Spiritual Blindness, In Unbelievers
- Spiritual Blindness, Removal Of
- Spiritual Blindness, Results Of Sin
- Spiritual crowns
- Spiritual Dawn
- Spiritual Deafness
- Spiritual Death
- Spiritual Depths
- Spiritual Desires
- Spiritual Destitution
- Spiritual Discernment
- Spiritual Failure
- Spiritual Famine,
- Spiritual Famine, Relief Of
- Spiritual Fathers
- Spiritual Food
- Spiritual Foundations
- Spiritual Fulness
- Spiritual Gifts, Diversity Of
- Spiritual Gifts, Given To Church
- Spiritual Gifts, Importance Of Love
- Spiritual Gifts, Purpose Of
- Spiritual Gifts, Warnings About
- Spiritual Growth
- Spiritual Harlotry
- Spiritual Hunger
- Spiritual Ignorance
- Spiritual Illumination
- Spiritual Immaturity
- Spiritual Investment
- Spiritual life
- Spiritual Life, Described By
- Spiritual Life, Maintained By
- Spiritual Life, Nature Of
- Spiritual Maturity
- Spiritual Mothers
- Spiritual Night
- Spiritual Offspring
- Spiritual Peace
- Spiritual Perception
- Spiritual Progress
- Spiritual Renewal
- Spiritual Striving
- Spiritual Treasures
- Spiritual Understanding
- Spiritual Vitality
- Spiritual Warfare, Armour
- Spiritual Warfare, As Conflict
- Spiritual Warfare, Causes Of
- Spiritual Warfare, Enemies In
- Spirituality, Principles Of
- Spiritually Dead
- Strength, Spiritual
- Symbols of the Holy Spirit
- Taught By The Spirit
- Testing Spirits
- That Which Is Spiritual
- The Divinity Of The Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit And Praise
- The Holy Spirit As Counsellor
- The Holy Spirit As Teacher
- The Holy Spirit Described As A Deposit
- The Holy Spirit Described As A Seal
- The Holy Spirit Described As A Voice
- The Holy Spirit Described As Fire
- The Holy Spirit Described As God's Gift
- The Holy Spirit Described As Oil
- The Holy Spirit Described As The Dove
- The Holy Spirit Described As The Wind
- The Holy Spirit Described As Water
- The Holy Spirit Giving Joy
- The Holy Spirit Giving Life
- The Holy Spirit In Creation
- The Holy Spirit In The Church
- The Holy Spirit, And Prayer
- The Holy Spirit, And Preaching
- The Holy Spirit, And Regeneration
- The Holy Spirit, And Sanctification
- The Holy Spirit, And Scripture
- The Holy Spirit, Being Against
- The Holy Spirit, Source Of Wisdom
- The Outpouring Of The Holy Spirit,
- The Sealing Of The Holy Spirit
- The Spirit Of Christ
- The Spirit Of God
- The Spirit Of Man
- The Spirit Of The Lord
- The Spirit Speaking
- The Spirit Teaching
- The Spirit's Role In Creation
- The Sword Of The Spirit
- The Witness Of The Holy Spirit
- The Witness Of The Spirit
- Unclean Spirits
- Victory, Over Spiritual Forces
- Walking In The Spirit
- Wardrobe, Spiritual
- Weakness, Spiritual
- Witnessing, And Holy Spirit
- God's Things Concealed
- Paul, Teaching Of
- Living Not For The Material
- In Men's Presence
- God's Voice
- 99 more topics on Spirit