'Man' in the Bible
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
Or are you [so blind as to] trifle with and presume upon and despise and underestimate the wealth of His kindness and forbearance and long-suffering patience? Are you unmindful or actually ignorant [of the fact] that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repent ( to change your mind and inner man to accept God's will)?
Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
For God shows no partiality [ undue favor or unfairness; with Him one man is not different from another].
and know the supreme will, and can test things that differ--being a man who receives instruction from the Law--
Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
Therefore if an uncircumcised man keeps the law's requirements, will his uncircumcision not be counted as circumcision?
A man who is physically uncircumcised, but who fulfills the law, will judge you who are a lawbreaker in spite of having the letter [of the law] and circumcision.
For the true Jew is not the man who is simply a Jew outwardly, and true circumcision is not that which is outward and bodily.
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)
according as it is written, There is not a righteous man, not even one;
there is not the man that understands, there is not one that seeks after God.
Because by the works of the law no man is able to have righteousness in his eyes, for through the law comes the knowledge of sin.
That is, the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ, to all those who have faith; and one man is not different from another,
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
But in the case of a man who works, pay is not reckoned a favour but a debt;
whereas in the case of a man who pleads no actions of his own, but simply believes in Him who declares the ungodly free from guilt, his faith is placed to his credit as righteousness.
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Nor can the free gift be compared to what came through the man who sinned. For the sentence that followed one man's offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift brought justification, even after many offenses.
Since by the one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive the overflow of grace and the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.
for as through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners: so also through the obedience of the one, shall the many be constituted righteous.
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For when a man dies, he is freed (loosed, delivered) from [the power of] sin [among men].
Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
For God has done what the Law could not do, [its power] being weakened by the flesh [ the entire nature of man without the Holy Spirit]. Sending His own Son in the guise of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, [God] condemned sin in the flesh [ subdued, overcame, deprived it of its power over all who accept that sacrifice],
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
I am telling you the truth as a Christian man--it is no falsehood, for my conscience enlightened, as it is, by the Holy Spirit adds its testimony to mine--
And not only this, but there was Rebekah also, when she had conceived twins by one man, our father Isaac;
So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.
So then, at his pleasure he has mercy on a man, and at his pleasure he makes the heart hard.
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
The Scripture says, No man who believes in Him [who adheres to, relies on, and trusts in Him] will [ever] be put to shame or be disappointed.
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Or the position of a Deacon of the church, let a man give himself to it; or he who has the power of teaching, let him make use of it;
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
Therefore the man who rebels against his ruler is resisting God's will; and those who thus resist will bring punishment upon themselves.
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
For the precepts, "Thou shalt not commit adultery," "Thou shalt do no murder," "Thou shalt not steal," "Thou shalt not covet," and all other precepts, are summed up in this one command, "Thou shalt love thy fellow man as much as thou lovest thyself."
Love avoids doing any wrong to one's fellow man, and is therefore complete obedience to Law.
As for the man who is a weak believer, welcome him [into your fellowship], but not to criticize his opinions or pass judgment on his scruples or perplex him with discussions.
One man is assured that he may eat all things; but the weak eats herbs.
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
I know, and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean of itself; except to him who reckons anything to be unclean, to that man it is unclean.
If your brother is pained by the food you are eating, your conduct is no longer controlled by love. Take care lest, by the food you eat, you lead to ruin a man for whom Christ died.
For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
Do you have faith? Keep it to yourself before God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves.
But the man who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not do so from faith, and whatever is not from faith is sin.
yea, making it my aim so to preach the gospel, not where Christ was already named, that I might not build upon another man's foundation;
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (156)
- Exodus (115)
- Leviticus (141)
- Numbers (102)
- Deuteronomy (124)
- Joshua (36)
- Judges (105)
- Ruth (18)
- 1 Samuel (133)
- 2 Samuel (95)
- 1 Kings (78)
- 2 Kings (95)
- 1 Chronicles (25)
- 2 Chronicles (47)
- Ezra (9)
- Nehemiah (14)
- Esther (15)
- Job (153)
- Psalm (172)
- Proverbs (314)
- Ecclesiastes (91)
- Song of Songs (3)
- Isaiah (120)
- Jeremiah (132)
- Lamentations (11)
- Ezekiel (211)
- Daniel (39)
- Hosea (12)
- Joel (6)
- Amos (7)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (5)
- Micah (15)
- Nahum (3)
- Habakkuk (6)
- Zephaniah (4)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (28)
- Malachi (7)
- Matthew (183)
- Mark (128)
- Luke (219)
- John (182)
- Acts (158)
- Romans (68)
- 1 Corinthians (115)
- 2 Corinthians (26)
- Galatians (22)
- Ephesians (15)
- Philippians (5)
- Colossians (11)
- 1 Thessalonians (6)
- 2 Thessalonians (5)
- 1 Timothy (17)
- 2 Timothy (5)
- Titus (9)
- Philemon (1)
- Hebrews (37)
- James (40)
- 1 Peter (13)
- 2 Peter (8)
- 1 John (27)
- Revelation (37)
- Man's (371 instances in 13 translations)
- Man-child (18 instances in 9 translations)
- Man-childless (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man-killer (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Man-made (6 instances in 2 translations)
- Man-pleaser (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Man-servant (19 instances in 6 translations)
- Man-servant's (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Man-servants (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Man-slayer (20 instances in 9 translations)
- Man-slayers (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Manage (14 instances in 7 translations)
- Managed (17 instances in 6 translations)
- Management (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Manager (23 instances in 7 translations)
- Managers (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Manages (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Managing (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Manatee (13 instances in 1 translation)
- Mandate (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Mandated (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Mandrake (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Mandrakes (4 instances in 13 translations)
- Manfully (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Mange (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Mangelike (8 instances in 1 translation)
- Mangled (10 instances in 3 translations)
- Mangling (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Manhood (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Maniac (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Manifest (88 instances in 10 translations)
- Manifestation (18 instances in 13 translations)
- Manifestations (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Manifested (65 instances in 10 translations)
- Manifesting (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Manifestly (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Manifests (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Manifold (24 instances in 9 translations)
- Manipulate (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Manipulated (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Mankind (130 instances in 13 translations)
- Mankind's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Manly (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Manna (18 instances in 14 translations)
- Manned (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Manner (430 instances in 12 translations)
- Manners (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Mansion (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Mansions (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Manslaughter (12 instances in 3 translations)
- Manslave (11 instances in 1 translation)
- Manslave's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Mantel (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Mantels (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Mantle (34 instances in 12 translations)
- Mantles (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Manual (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Manual-labour (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Manuals (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Manufactured (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Manufacturers (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Manufactures (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Manure (14 instances in 8 translations)
- Manured (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Many-colored (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Many-peaked (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Many-sided (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Blade (28 instances)
- Boy (127 instances)
- Bully (2 instances)
- Equip (8 instances)
- Fellow (214 instances)
- Flesh (472 instances)
- Generation (179 instances)
- Gentleman (1 instance)
- Hero (11 instances)
- Human (514 instances)
- Humanity (58 instances)
- Humankind (136 instances)
- Humans (70 instances)
- Husband (189 instances)
- Lion (100 instances)
- Male (379 instances)
- Man (3988 instances)
- A Mans Character
- A Mans Reputation
- Accepting Christ
- Anger Management
- Anger Of Man, Cause
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Being A Man Of God
- Being Seen By Man
- Breaking Man's Law
- Brotherhood Of Man
- Christian Liberty
- Consciences, In Decision Making
- Creation Of All Mankind
- Dealing With Many People
- Depravity Of Man
- Divine Manifestations
- Drawbacks To Man's Power
- Duty Of Man To God
- Fall Of Man
- Fall Of Man, Consequences Of
- Fear Of Man
- God In Relation To Man
- Imputed Righteousness
- Intrinsic Importance Of Man
- Jesus As Son Of Man
- Keeping Man's Word
- Killing Many People
- Knowing God's Will
- Love, Of Fellow Man
- Man A Mere Breath
- Man Appointing
- Man As Grass
- Man Avenging
- Man Defending
- Man Differentiating
- Man Going Down
- Man Keeping Watch
- Man Of God
- Man Of Sin
- Man Providing Water
- Man Trapping
- Man Vindicates
- Man's Action Tomorrow
- Man's Authority Over The Devil
- Man's Conduct Towards God
- Man's Counsel
- Man's Dominion
- Man's Eternal Attributes
- Man's Favourite
- Man's Function
- Man's Needs
- Man's Purposes
- Man's Relation To God
- Man's Relationship With His Creator
- Man's Sinful Nature
- Man's Teaching
- Man's Thoughts
- Man's Ways
- Man's Wisdom
- Man's Words Fulfilled
- Man's Work Finished
- Man, Creation Of
- Man, Insignificance Of
- Man, Trichotomy View Of
- Manifesting (making Something Clear)
- Many Combatants
- Many Creatures
- Many Deceivers And Deceived
- Many Enemies
- Many In Israel
- Many In The Church
- Many Seeking Salvation
- Many Spiritual Beings
- Ministry Of The Son Of Man
- Only One Person
- Praise, Manner And Methods Of
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Reconciliation, Between God And Man
- Relation Of Animals To Man
- Reuben Gad And Half Manasseh
- Righteous By Faith
- Righteousness imputed
- Sin Produces Death
- Sin Producing Death
- Son Of Man
- The Frailty Of Man
- The Glory Of Man
- The Grace Of God
- The Inner Man
- The New Man In Christ
- The Spirit Of Man
- Things Manifest
- Time Management
- Too Many Words
- Trusting In Man, Warnings Against
- What Manner?
- What Value Is Man?
- Wise Man Or Fool
- Works Of The Law
- Dung and manure